Saturday, April 29, 2017

Week 14 Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Indian Women: Sita, Promila, and Shakuntala, Part B

I thin it's cool that I get to read about other Indian women who are considered by this author to be the "ideal" women that women should follow.

The story of Promila isn't as interesting to me as Sita (I could be biased) but I will keep reading to see if I gain any greater interest.

I am a big fan of the dialogue that is used in these stories. It is perhaps my favorite component.

Maybe in the future if I am to write, I could use the type of straight-forward, yet still mesmerizing dialogue that is used in these stories.

I didn't expect Rama to be in this story, but I am glad because I really have enjoyed his character throughout the semester.

Domayanti's story seemed to be very similar to that of Promila and Sita. I am not complaining.

The summation of these stories could be concluded to equal something pretty similar to any of the individual female characters I have read about.

My favorite thing about this story is the way that it is laid out. It makes it very easy to read because the sections are so defined. 
                                  Picture I found on google when searching for Ideal Indian women. Link

Bibliography: Sita's Story. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment