Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 14 Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Indian Women: Sita, Promila, and Shakuntala, Part A

I immediately chose this book because I saw the name Sita. I think it is so cool how Sita has so many stories throughout all of Indian history.

Another intriguing reason I chose this to read was because I had thought about doing a storybook focusing on Indian women initially. 

One thing I think is cool is that Sita story is able to be experienced through many different periods of time. For example, the Sita story here is in a time period thousands of years ago, 

A fight for somebody's love always seems to be the go to for stories like this. I could possibly incorporate something like that in my upcoming story.

It is hard to keep up with some of these stories because I am not used to remembering names from a different culture.

Rama is my type of character I like because he has a truly good soul in every story he has found himself in.

My favorite aspect of all of the Indian stories I have read is the concept of loyalty and truthfulness. It seems it runs deep throughout most of the characters' morals.
                                  Picture I found on google when searching for Ideal Indian women. Link

Bibliography: Sita's Story. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment