Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 12 Reading Notes: The Life of Buddha, Part A

The description of a magnificent city, like that in the King Suddhodana annd Queen Maya story could be a very interesting way to start a story.

"The kings knew that the Gods were speaking" is a cool way of explainging the introduction of fake gods into a story.

Siddhartha's birth being its own story only shows how important it is, and gives me idea for a birth story I could do.

A prediction or premonition of sorts could be essential to the core story.

 As much info I have retained about the Buddhist religion thanks to this class, I am surprised I haven't implemented a temple into one of my stories.

Meditation could also be used in my next story. Maybe a character meditates and enters a new realm or something. Just an idea.

Marriage is an mazaing piece of symbolism that could spice up any story.

Bibliography: Herold. The Life of Buddha. Link

                                                                Picture of Buddha. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment