Thursday, April 6, 2017

Week 11 Storyplanning: Rama's sleepwalking

The story I am planning to write for Week 12 is Rama's sleepwalking problem. This week I read another story about Rama and Sita. I feel Rama and Sita are always good characters to write about because they can represent the normal wife and husband that we think of today, especially with the problems they face. Like they have in many of the stories we have read about them, they will find a way to overcome this obstacle. Sita will have to convince Rama that he does sleep walk. She will find out that Rama does crazy things in his sleep, and even becomes violent.

The style I am planning to write is going to be more vivid than what I am accustomed to writing. I may somehow give this story a bit of a dark twist. I'm hoping to be able to make a very crazy story out of the sleepwalking. I believe I can convey Rama's sleepwalking in a way that produces some very weird and crazy things.

There will be three characters in this story: Rama, Sita, and their dog Ravanese...

Rama: He will be in denial for a while and Sita is going to have to convince him that he actually sleepwalks. Once he finds out that he does actually sleepwalk, he will be terrified of himself.

Sita: The wife of Rama, first discovers Rama sleepwalking and doesn't think anything of it. Over time, crazy things begin to happen and she is scared of Rama.

Ravanese: Rama and Sita's dog. He may or may not become a victim to Rama's sleepwalking.
Image result for sleepwalking
 Sleepwalking man. Link
Bibliography: Monro. Indian Gods and Heroes: Rama and Sita. Link

3 comments:

  1. Greg, this is going to be a fascinating story! I am anticipating it's finished! I think it is an excellent idea to use Rama and Sita because they do indeed feel like a typical couple today! I believe that it is great to give them a dog too because this makes the couple even more relatable. (At least for me because I am a dog person). I noticed a few typos, but they were minor. Like the word "think" has a random "j" hanging out in it. I have typos go unnoticed all the time. I like where you are taking this and hope you have fun writing the rest of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be an interesting story for sure! The only stories I read about Rama and Sita came from the Ramayana so hearing that Rama has a sleepwalking problem is new to me. I am interested to see the role that dog plays here. You seem to not exactly know if you want him to be a villain or not but with that name it is expected for him to be a villain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that it is very fun to write about Rama and Sita as characters because they both seem so dynamic and the Ramayana really has the audience connect with each of them. This story looks like it will great and a chance to be funny as well. I am looking forward to coming back and being able to read it!

    ReplyDelete