Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Week 13 Reading Notes:Sacred Tales of India, Part B

I believe this is the first Indian story that I have read that introduces the concept of a bride directly. This could be something that I include in my story for next week.

I think something cool that I had never considered before is the number of kingdoms that have been mentioned in all of the stories that I have read.

I like the concept of Yama, i may introduce that in a new story of mine.

The story The Goddess Who Devoured Elephants is intriguing because I am aware that many Indian people find various elephants so sacred. So I know why this could come off as such a crazy story.

The number of gods recognized in the Indian culture sort of reminds me of my mythology class that I took a few semesters ago.

The Slayer of Kangsa is a very cool story, as I like the idea of somebody powerful and evil being destroyed. This can be seen throughout every culture that produces stories.

Chand, The Unbeliever is yet another story I am a fan of because of the great explanations of what the various gods are capable of
                                        Cool picture I found that represents tales from India. Link

Bibliography: Neogi. Sacred Tales of India. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment