Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Week 11 Reading Notes: Indian Gods and Heroes: Rama and Sita, Part A

I initially chose this story to read because of the title. Rama and Sita have interested me greatly ever since reading the Ramayana.

Also, I had forgotten that I had written a story some weeks ago that involved Rama and Sita.It would be cool to see any similarities, if any, between Rama and Sita in this story and in mine,

iI'm noticing that I'm not remembering any of these names from the Ramayana beside Ravana, lord of the Rakshakas

I would much rather read the public domain Ramayana than this,  as the reading is a bit slow and more complex.

I would probably never do writing like this, as it reads like what I would consider the Bible.

I'm a big fan of how Rama was portrayed in this part of the reading. He was a very wise person in the story, much liek he was in the Ramayana.

One idea I could use for my next story is to include more descriptive language, but not so much that it becauses draggy and too complex.



A draing from the book. Link

Bibliography: Monro. Indian Gods and Heroes: Rama and Sita. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment