Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Week 12 Reading Notes: The Life of Buddha, Part B

prince Siddartha's characters could definitely be mocked in a way that I could use in my story for this coming week.

I've never thought about dividing a story like this to make it seem like chapters almost, but I could still do this with a very short story. It just might be weird.

A dream that a character has is a very intriguing concept to include in a story, as it could contribute to the foreshadowing that so many of the stories we have read portray.

I also like the idea of a character searching for the truth about life. This is because it is something that affects every person, whether a character in a story or a real person. We all want to know the truth about life.

The relationship with parents seems to mean so much more than that in the stories we read today. I believe this is because it is a reflection of how different times were back then.

I've just realized how much of an emphesis is put on the weeping of characters. It seems as though even the most powerful characters are shpwn to have a sensitive side.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of these stories is the actions of those close to the main character in the story. A lot of the time they will turn their backs on the main character.


Bibliography: Herold. The Life of Buddha. Link

                                                                Picture of Buddha. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment