Monday, January 30, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Online edition, Part C

A monkey god is a very funny concept to me, even if it's not meant to be. I like to add comedy like this to my stories.

The concept of various quarrels having a long history is something thta I will think about a lot.

It's cool when actions of characters (like Rama's seemingly dishonorable killing of Vali) can spark great controversy amongst scholars.

The "people" of the monkey kingdom having different looks between them is an interesting idea.

Rama's sitting and waiting for the rainy season to end must be  agonizing for him, making it therefore agonizing for the reader who imagines himself or herself in Rama's position.

Rama seemingly has gained much respect and power from several people, even though he was exiled.

Rama's exiling still haunts him even though it seems as if it happened forever ago.

I love the inclusion of animals in these stories and how they are actually very critical in the tellings.

Rakshasis and raskashas always seem to be in the worst place and the worst time for the main characters. This idea is something I could use.

Sita must be a grand prize considering all of those who wish to be with her throughout the Ramayana.

I see many storytelling aspects regarding "heroes" and "villains" in the Ramayana that could have potentially influenced many stories throughout the world.

It always seems as if in the end, Rama will get his way.

The betraying by Vibhishana is an awesome part of the story that I will definitely implement in some way into my story.

                                        (Here are a few artistic representations of Sita. Link)

Bibliography: Public Domain Ramayana, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment