Thursday, January 19, 2017

Week 1: Storybook favorites

The Four Elements

The Four Elements is the first storybook that I decided to choose as one of my favorites. The main reason I chose this storybook is because of the interesting topic the author chose. I have always been of fan of things concerning the four elements of nature. I feel the introduction for this storybook did a very good job of explaining why they chose the four elements. Also, the picture in the introduction drew my attention in a good way. The layout of this storybook made it very easy to navigate, as it related back directly to the way it was explained in the introduction. The various stories about the different characters who were created by the individual elements was highlighted well, due to the design layout.

                                   (Nature Collection, Geninne, Website: Geninne's Art Blog)


Tales of Love was a very intriguing storybook to me. Normally I am not one to care much for love stories, but the introduction to this storybook made me very interested in the topic. I loved how the introduction for this storybook laid out the different ways love is played out in the various situations. The design for the storybook with the topics of Separation, betrayal, and reunited, was a perfect fit in my opinion for the message that the author was trying to convey.


As somebody who wishes to do a heavy bit of travelling around the world one day, it was easy for me to find the topic of this storybook interesting. I could feel the excitement the author had for their journey immediately as I started reading this storybook. This excitement even made me feel like I was going on the journey with them. Also, I feel relating the trip to created stories was another positive touch to the storybook that definitely made it more readable. This backstory for the storybook was the main reason I chose this as one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment