Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Online Public Domain Edition Part B


I think it's a nice touch to a story to keep an important character like Bharata out of the loop" so to say.

Also, Bharata's absence leave's the reader with a "Oh my, what is he going to think when he gets back?"

It must be hard for Bharata to go through the funeral process knowing that Rama is somewhere in the wilderness thanks to a jealous wife.

Having something such a sandals to represent a character of Rama's importance is something I could add in my story.  

A battle against an evil force such as a demon is something that could benefit my story greatly, as it adds a dash of drama.

The turning point regarding the rakshasa that sets the story for the rest of the Ramayana could be a concept that I use in my story.

Humanoid figures add a decent touch to any story.

It seems as if Rama is basically unstoppable against any demon or negative force. I do not want to add a sense like this to my story.

I like when behind the scenes things happen (things the main characters don't know about, but we the readers do.)

I'm surprised that Sita was distracted by a Golden Deer.

The imitation of voice is something that I think adds a very nice touch to the Ramayana that I didn't think would happen.

I'm glad that Sita refuses to sleep with the rakshasa.

I can just imagine a visual of Rama's frustration and sadness. I liek whe na story puts this into my head.

It is always cool when a main character from any story encounters somebidy who has been waiting for them for a long time, leaving the main character bewildered.




                                       (Another interesting Ramayana pic I found. Link)


Bibliography: Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition, Link to Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment