Monday, January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition Part A


I could use specific descriptions to describe things in my story, much like is done in the Ramayana.

No son being born by any of the queens seems like a common problem that has occurred in many stories throughout history.

I would be able to create many fake characters that could represent various ideals of life, like what is done here.

Drama between "gods" and human counterparts has always been of interest to me.

I also think it's cool to have a character that can't be defeated to the gods. This adds a new dimension that I had not previously known.

I wold like to include evil characters or demons, like rakshasas, to my story.

Giving inanimate objects "spirits" connected to them is a concept that I hadn't thought of that I may use.

Real places on earth such as Sagar island that have a supposed connection give me many great ideas.

A character who is duped like Ahalya could give a beneficial part to my story.

Heavenly and eternal love like that of Rama and Sita is a must have for me in my story.

Rama is the type of character that I admire most in stories, as he was able to overcome great adversities and win Sita.

Paradhurama's size makes me think of many ancient stories, such as Greek ones.

A whole family finding love is not exactly the type of thing I would include in my story, butvI still find it respectable.

I'm pretty sure I read a play in my History of Theater class where a character faced a similar problem that Dasharatha faces, regarding choosing a son to be the heir apparent.

A jealous mother such as Kaikeyi is always a nice addition to any story.

Rama is so loyal to his father, that he will even unfairly go into exile...my type of character.

The jata hairstyle is very intriguing to me, and I may include it into my story.

The death of a character like Dasharatha makes me feel sad, yet I'm not exactly mad about it because he let his jealous wife talk him into exiling Rama.

                                        ( I thought this image online about learning lessons was interesting. Link)

Bibliography: Ramayana Online: Public Domain Edition, Link to Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment