Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts-Week 2


Feedback, whether giving or receiving, has always been something that I have never been great at. Reading these articles has given me ideas on how I can get better. As far as receiving feedback goes, I feel this is the most important. I think the idea from the first article I read are key to receiving feedback. Having positive voices in your own head can increase the ability to work and receive feedback. One must also be able to receive feedback from somebody because different perspectives offer different ideas that you may haven't thought of by yourself. 

                                             (It's important to give feedback that is beneficial. Link)

Giving feedback has been hard for me ever since elementary school. The reason for this is because I never wanted to be too critical of somebody when I felt my work wasn't great itself. I have grown and learned that what's important is to help others and not specifically worry about your own work while examining others'. The last article I read got the gears going in my head but clearly laying out the key characteristics needed. Giving user friendly feedback is what especially stuck out to me, as I know that feedback must be substantial and not generic.






No comments:

Post a Comment