Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week 9 Story Planning: The Trickster Monkey

For this week, I am planning on a story that I will write for week 10. I am going to try something different this week, which will be the use of personification with animals. As I really haven't written any stories besides what I have done for this class, I've never expanded on the idea of writing a story where the main characters are animals. My idea is to have a story about a monkey who is constantly playing pranks on animals. He will annoy animals the time until he comes across another animal that puts an end to it.

My main motivation for writing this story is from the reading I have done from the various tales in the book Twenty Jakata Tales. Most, if not all, of the stories in the book are about animals who end up learning important morals that they can use for the rest of their lives. I was intrigued, and figured I would try to make a story about an animal who learns their lesson. 

I don't think I'm going to have any kind of advanced style (or should I say my kind of advanced style of writing) for this story. With the story being about an animal learing a lesson, I feel it would be too weird to try and force a harder style of writing for the message that it will portray.

Characters:
 Jaroo: The main character of the story, a genius monkey who uses his wit to play tricks on every animal he comes across.

Tamlar: An elephant, the first animal that Jaroo plays a trick on. He doesn't care too much and goes on about his day.

Jahko: A lion, he is very easy to make mad. Jahko puts and end to Jaroo's shenanigans.



                                    A drawing of a monkey I found online that I liked. Link

Bibliography: Inayat. Twenty Jataka Tales. Link

2 comments:

  1. I think that this sounds like a really interesting idea! Personifying an animal will be different but will allow you to take a lot of creative freedom in what you choose to write about. There are so many different options and routes that you can go. I agree with you that a relaxed style of writing for this story would be best. I look forward to reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg your story idea sounds super fun and interesting. I am always down to read a good animal story because that is what I write about each week! Animals make stories fun and super quirky so I love this idea. I think you chose a good picture to accompany your future story as well. I really hope you follow through and write this because I am super intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete