Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 10 reading notes: Jataka Tales, Reading L

I like the idea of stories with kings who rule righteously because that idea of power allows for an endless possibility of stories.

Another idea I could throw around in some of my stories in the revolting of a King. You kind of get a sense of that in the beginning of the first story for this section. 

Supernatural powers always add a significantly cooler touch to stories than most normal thigns because no matter what, you are able to use the idea of those powers to make it through any and every situation.

I'm not a fan of the layout of the first story. It makes the story very hard to read and is definitely something I would purposely try to avoid doing in future stories.

The length of the Ugly Bridegroom seems like a bit too much. I feel the could have broken the stroy down in order to not lose the reader. 

Another mention of "The Great Being" is interesting because, before reading these Jataka tales, I had never heard of a god (or higher power) mentioned in this type of wording.

The layout for The Nineteen Problems makes the story very easy to read.

I am very much a fan now of The Great Being concept an I may therefore use it.



                               A cool cartton cover for Jataka tales that I found interesting. Link

Bibliography: Jataka Tales. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment