Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Growth mindset is something I definitely need to consider more as I do my assignments for the rest of this semester. As I wrote about it earlier in the semester, I definitely thought of the growth mindset as something I should implement into work I do not only for this class, my for the rest of my classes the rest of my time at OU. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, one of the problems i have is procrastinating and not turning things in on time. I still need to really utilize this aspect of the growth mindset and find a way that I can manage my responsibilities in a better way. Lastly, another aspect of the growth mindset that I feel I need to implement in my everyday life is the art of asking questions. I've always been one to keep it simple and go with the flow, but if I were to ask more questions, I could gain more knowledge and break out of my box.
                                                    Growth vs. Fixed mindset. Link

2 comments:

  1. Procrastination is such a bummer. It seems to happen all the time. It is so easy to just put things off until the last minute. I think that you bring up a good point that asking questions can do a lot for growth mindset. Growth mindset is such an important part of learning. I feel as if it should be implemented into all of the different styles of education so that the student can truly learn to the best of their abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a huge problem with procrastination. I always seem to wait for the last minute and then have to stress about getting it finished. Sometimes I feel like this extra stress leads me to actually work harder on the assignment or whatever it is. Definitely being able to manage time is a key aspect in being successful so I also need to learn to do that better.

    ReplyDelete