Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 7 Reading- Mahabharata Online: Public Domain Edition Part C

The idea of exile, like shown here with Pandavas draws a close comparison to the ramayana, which gets me thinking that maybe this is common in many indian epics.

The term "god" was used so loosely amongst peope that I kind of like it.

Another comparison to the Ramayana is cool to me because it now makes it even easier to read and follow along.

A battle for respect, and nothing more, isn't as common in these stories like it is in our stories nowadays.

Most important characters have a item or specific characteristic about them. I like this concept because it makes it easier to know them.

A disguise, like seen in many stories is something I could incorporate in my stories.

The urging of someone to fight, causing motivation is a cool concept that I could definitely use.

Making the appeals to Karna would be something very intriguing, as the unknown becoming known would seem almost to insane to comprehend.

The idea that family ties run so deep, is something I could use.

When a character warns of doom, it is almost always a foreshadowing of what is going to happen.


Bibliography: Mahabharata Online: Public Domain Edition


(from life in the forest. Draupadi and the Pandavas in the forest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment