Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Public Domain Edition, Part D

A great pursuit of some sorts always intrigues me, and I may need to add some in my upcoming stories I will write.

Ravana's power of illusion seems like such an unfair power to have, but I like it.

Kumbhakarna's appetite is a funny aspect in the Ramayana, to me.

The inclusion of great weapons in the Ramayana increases the likelihood of other stories being able to spring out from within the Ramayana.

I'm more in favor of Rakshasas that have some sort of human aspect than I am Rakshasas that look completely strange.

A character as big as Ravana declaring revenge adds a very basic yet vital part to a story, and can make the overall story more interesting.

It almost seems as if Ravana is destined to destroy Lakshmana, but not quite.

The gods taking sides, and even helping a certain person, reminds me of my mythology class that I took where gods like Poseidon would intervene with mortal men.

Rama vs Ravana has a very David vs. Goliath feel to it.

Ravana's donkey head is something I'm not fond of. Maybe if it were something a little cooler.

I can imagine that a funeral like Ravana's would be a very large spectacle. This gives me an idea   where a character of great importance to many people could die, leading to a large funeral spectacle.

It is very easy to see Sita's love for Rama, and i think that's very cool.

A flashback, if you will, like one that Rama does where he mentions all of the characters who have been apart of their journey, would be a nice touch to end a very dramatic story.

Rama sending Sita into exile is something I never would have expected in a million years considering everything he did to rescue her previously.
                                             (Image depicting the death of Ravana, Link)

Bibliography: Public Domain Ramayanalink to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment