Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback focus


In terms of usefulness to me, I would rank the three categories in the folowing way:

1. Reading Out loud

2.Using a Timer

3. Copy-and-Delete

I am extremely surprised every time I read out loud how much it helps me retain the information of what I just read. It's always so helpful when I need to read something that is extremely important, like for an exam or something. Never before had I thought that this technique could be used in order to give somebody effective feedback. I think that's pretty cool. This is the reason I chose reading out loud as my number one strategy for giving effective feedback.

Setting a timer is something I had never thought about in regards to reading, but i think it's a pretty good idea. In a way, I think it could be good because it will give me a set amount of time that I know i will need to remain completely focused. However, for somebody like me, this may not be the best strategy because I may feel like I would need to rush the timer, haha.

Copy and delete is my least favorite category, but I still see why it may be beneficial to others. I think stopping every so often to write down a good idea or detail that you noticed could be a good idea in theory, but for somebody like me, stopping to write something down may actually hurt me. This is because reading and writing are two different things for me, and I would only be able to remember one at a time. 
                               (It is important to zoom in on what you find important. Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment