Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 6 Reading- Mahabharata Online: Public Domain Edition Part A


The idea of nobody on earth being cool enough to write something down, intrigues me.

Also, it seems to be a common appearance for a work to supposedly contain everything that is needed to be known for life.

i love the abundance of character in the Mahabharata. It gives th eability to create many different stories from scratch.

I predict that King Shantanu will be yet another victim of love, in which love will destroy him or cause him to do something stupid.

The creation of names in these epics is probably my favorite thing. You can tell almost everything about a character based on their name.

Seizing women in battle is better seizing them through a competition.

The author being in their own story is awesome.

Complex characters like Karna are cool. Reminds me of the word Karma.

While very different, the similarities to the Ramayana are definitely there. I like this because I was a fan of the Ramayana.




                                                   (Cool Arjuna statue. image source)

No comments:

Post a Comment