Monday, May 1, 2017

Growth Mindset: Best Buy

For this week, I decided to write about my growth mindset beyond school. This was interesting to me, because everything I had previously read about Growth Mindset was related to school. I was very intrigued to think about where a Growth Mindset could help me outside of school.

I thought about a place where I spend a ton of time outside of school, and Best Buy is what immediately hit me. I have worked at Best Buy for almost two years now and work about 20 hours a week. 

I have many opportunities to implement a Growth Mindset that will benefit my work skills. What makes me want to try this at work mostly is because it will not only benefit me, but also everybody around me. My coworkers will be affected because they will see that I am trying to improve myself everyday. They may even want to try a Growth Mindset challenge in their life. If I am more helpful with customers, I will be able to increase their appreciation  as well. SO, starting sometime soon, I will try to increase my communication skills with my co-workers and customers in order to implements a Growth Mindset that will benefit us all.
                                             The type of mindset we need. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment